There’s no denying it – Winter is coming! Outside, the weather is getting colder every day. But I love it! I love the changing of the seasons, because every season is beautiful in its own way!
And what’s better than utilizing the changing seasons as an inspiration for your wedding?
Today, I want to show you a sweet and (heart)warming DIY wedding favor I found here. I this this is perfect for both a late Fall wedding, and a Winter wedding:
- The desired amount of 12″ Disposable Decorating Bags – remember you need two bags per favor
- Chocolate powder (buy in bulk to get the best price)
- Teeny, tiny hair ties, in the same amount as the amount of favors you’re going to make
- Marshmallow bags
- Favor tags (to use the one in the picture, go here, or make your own)
- Cut decorating bags around 6.5″
- Fill bag with 2 tablespoons (or whatever your chocolate powder suggests, or you feel is the right amount) with chocolate.
- Use the teeny, tiny hair tie to close off the chocolate. (You may need to cut the access bag after tying it off. In the picture, for example, it’s cut so there’s just about a 1/2 inch of bag showing after the hair tie.)
- Insert chocolate filled cone into another decorating bag; make sure seams line up.
- Scoop out a 1/4 cup of marshmallows (or your desired amount) and poor into decorating bag on top of the chocolate cone.
- Tie a piece of ribbon, yarn, or string above the marshmallows. You need to make this tight so the marshmallows don’t dry out. I tied it into two knots.
- After string is secure around bag, add your favor tag and tie it into a pretty bow.
- Repeat as many times as necessary.
And just as easy as that, you’ve made your own sweet and beautiful wedding favors for a very affordable price!